Home Forums FIR/general problems FIR Reply To: FIR


Adv. Priya Lohakare

Under the provisions of Criminal Procedure Code on the refusal of a Police Officer to register the complaint you can send the complaint by Registered Post to the Deputy Commissioner of Police of that District under whose jurisdiction that Police Station falls. This is provided under Section 154 (III) of Criminal Procedure Code. Said DCP is under duty to register the FIR if it discloses the offence. In the event of failure on the past of either to register the complaint, you can then file the complaint before the Metropolitan Magistrate under Section 190 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.