1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Adv. Priya Lohakare 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #4460

    charu arora

    What can I do if a police officer at the police station refuses to register my FIR?


    Adv. Priya Lohakare

    Under the provisions of Criminal Procedure Code on the refusal of a Police Officer to register the complaint you can send the complaint by Registered Post to the Deputy Commissioner of Police of that District under whose jurisdiction that Police Station falls. This is provided under Section 154 (III) of Criminal Procedure Code. Said DCP is under duty to register the FIR if it discloses the offence. In the event of failure on the past of either to register the complaint, you can then file the complaint before the Metropolitan Magistrate under Section 190 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.