We are coming up with the Child Rights Week initiative to #BringaSmile on a child’s face. We believe it will be helpful in spreading awareness among the kids and their adult counterparts. This article includes the education of rights of children as per the constitution and Education Policy in India. Know how we can make an impact by taking necessary actions.
What are the education rights of the children?
All children have the right to go to school and learn, regardless of who they are, where they live or how much money their family has.
Quality learning requires a safe, friendly environment, qualified and motivated teachers, and instruction in languages students can understand. It also requires that learning outcomes be monitored and feedback into instruction.
The parliament of India enacted the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act or Right to Education Act (RTE) on August 2009. The same got enforced on April 1st 2010.
Facts of the children’s right to education 2019
- Less than half of India’s children between the age of 6 and 14 go to school.
- A little over one-third of all children who enrol in grade one reach grade eight.
- At least 35 million children aged 6 – 14 years do not attend school.
- 53% of girls in the age group of 5 to 9 years are illiterate.
- The literacy ratio of India is 65.38% with male literacy at 75.85% and female literacy at 54.16%.
- More than 50 per cent of girls fail to enrol in school; those that do are likely to drop out by the age of 12.
- 50% of Indian children aged 6-18 do not go to school.
What action can we take to improve this current situation?
- We can make people know about the importance of girl education.
- Share knowledgeable books free of cost to the children.
- Conduct extracurricular fun activities to encourage their enthusiasm.
- Make available quality of teachers and teachings in the government schools.
- Provide scholarships in the schools to talented poor students.
- Held a competition for the children and sponsor the education of the one who is the winner.
What will be the impact of this on the world?
- Bright future of the children as well as the growth of the country.
- New innovative ideas of the children will help them and their families to grow.
- Change in the lifestyles of the people.
- Seize of the narrow-minded thinking of the people.
- Less criminal activities.
You can also contribute to bringing justice to Children around the world. Go on to #BringaSmile on a child’s face for a brighter future.