Chartered Accountants, practicing CA’s, students and related industry professionals may connect with users of similar interests. To raise and discuss issues related to finance and taxation. The objective of this group is to address concerns and bring out feasible solutions for making a strong communication network for all related audience.


1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Vaishali Dhameja 5 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #8741

    Bhakti manohar

    Is there any remedy available under the Income Tax act, if a taxpayer does not file the statement within the prescribed time?


    Vaishali Dhameja

    Section 285BA (5) of the act empowers the tax authorities to issue a notice to the person who had not filed the statement within the prescribed time. In such situation, the tax authorities may serve upon such person a notice requiring him to furnish the statement within 30 days from the date of service of such notice and in such a case the person shall furnish the statement within the time as specified in the notice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.