What is a Udyog Aadhar?
In simple terms, Udyog Aadhar is Aadhar for micro, small and medium enterprises. Basically, it is a 12-digit Unique Identification Number. The process to avail Udyog aadhar registration certificate is completely online and totally free of cost. Furthermore, industries registered with Udyog Aadhar receive the benefits of government schemes such as subsidies, easy loan approvals, etc.
Why was it introduced?
To begin with, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises are vital for India’s growth. Not only is this sector an employment generator, but it also bears to industrialize major rural and backward areas.
The main objectives of providing Udyog Aadhar registration are as follows:
- In the first place, empowering the micro, small and medium enterprises to compete with the international competition;
- Promoting the growth of MSME on a large scale to efficiently manage unemployment and poverty;
- Providing the benefits of various government scheme at one stop;
- Additionally, safeguarding small scale industries from financial harassment by big industries.
Earlier, to get SSI Registration or MSME registration, you needed to go through a lot of paperwork.
Now, you need to fill only 2 forms instead of 11 different types of forms that were required earlier.
- Entrepreneur Memorandum-I
- Entrepreneur Memorandum-II
Thus, Udyog Aadhar eliminates redundant paperwork.
So, what are the Udyog Aadhar registration benefits?
There are various benefits of obtaining Udyog Aadhar registration online. Some of them are given below:
- Excise exemption
- The exemption under the direct tax laws
- 50% reduction in fee for filing patents and trademarks
- Credit guarantee scheme
- Protection from delayed payments
- Loans without guarantee, low-interest rates on loan
- Financial support for participating in foreign business exposure from the Government of India.
- Subsidies provided to increase the company’s revenue
- Concession in electricity bills
- The exemption provided when applying for government tenders
- Furthermore, you also get octroi privileges
Information required for the process of Udyog aadhar registration certificate:
- Aadhar Number
- Name of Owner
- Social Category
- Physically Handicapped
- Name of Enterprise
- Type of Organization
- PAN Number
- Location of Plant
- Official Address
- Date of Commencement
- Previous Registration Details
- Bank Details
- Major Activity- Choose between ‘Manufacturing’ and ‘Services’ as the major activity of your enterprise.
- National Industry Classification Code(NIC Code)
- People employed
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment
- DIC- Fill in the location of the district Industries Centre
Process of Udyog Aadhar registration online
- You need to fill a one-page form either online or offline.
- For online registration, you should visit the official website.
- If you wish to register for more than one industry then opt for individual registration.
- During this registration process, the individual also needs to provide his self-certified certificates.
- Generally, no registration fee is required.
- After filling and submitting the details, the registration number would be generated. Consequently, this number will be mailed to the registered email address and would contain unique Udyog Aadhar Number.
What are the steps involved in Udyog Aadhar update?
In case, you need to update your details, please follow the below-given instructions for Udyog Aadhar update:
1. Firstly, visit the official website here.
2. Then, enter your Udyog Aadhar Number.
3. Enter the verification code and click on ‘submit’.
4. Enter the OTP received on your registered number.
5. Lastly, edit the details you want to change and press ‘submit’.
In conclusion, it is quite evident that there are numerous Udyog aadhaar registration benefits which can help your business to grow. This blog can help you easily register for a Udyog aadhar. Although, if you still have any queries, contact us here.