Documents required for FSSAI registration:
○ An identity proof that contains a photograph
○ A passport-sized photograph
○ Proof of address
○ Import / Export code
○ A list of Directors or Partner
○ A Certificate of Incorporation
○ The MoA and AoA of the business
○ An Identity Proof that contains a photograph
○ No Objection Certificate from the local municipality
- For manufacturing units, besides the above-listed documents, the following are also required:
○ The blueprint of warehouse, plant, etc.
○ A list of all machinery
○ Report of a water test
○ List of all food categories
What is FSSAI?
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) governs the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food items to ensure the availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI License Types in India
It is mandatory for food companies to get either one of the three types of licenses:
The basic license: This is the primary food license and it is issued for:
The State License: This license is given to companies whose turnover is equal to or greater than 12 lakhs and up to 20 Crores INR.
Food Businesses that require FSSAI state license are:
- Small Businesses whose turnover is below 12 Lakh INR
- Enterprises like tea shops, canteens, and small warehouses require this licence
- Vendors can easily upgrade their license when their business starts to grow
The Central Food License: This License is Mandatory for the food business operators whose Annual turnover exceeds 20 Crores INR.
This license is mainly for:
- Storage Units
- Food import and export business
- Companies that supply food to government offices and departments, airports claim this license.
FSSAI Registration Process
- The FSSAI Registration process is initiated with the submission of Form A (application) to food and safety department.
- The application can be accepted or rejected by the department within 7 days from the date of application.
- On acceptance of the application, a registration certificate will be granted by the department along with the registration number and the photo of the applicant.
- Prominently, FBO should display the certificate of registration at the place of business during business hours.
What happens in cases of failure to comply?
The company will be liable for a penalty of up to ₹10 lakhs.
FSSAI License fee structure:
1. Central License- (Valid for 1 year)
2. State License - Valid for 1 year
|License/ Certificate modification
||10% of the applicable license fees.
|Above 1 MT per day production
|10,001 to 50,000 LPD of milk or 501 TO 2500 MT of solid milk per annum
|Below 1 MT of production
|501 to 10,000 LPD of milk or 2.5 MT to 500 MT of milk solids per annum
|Hotels up to 4 stars
|All food service providers including Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs, Boarding houses, Clubs, etc.
3. Basic License fee
- In cases of state license, the renewal fee depends upon the number of years selected
- The modification charges are license fees for one year
- Fees for a duplicate license is 10% of the applicable license fee
||10% of applicable certificate fees
Where to make an application for the FSSAI license fee?
- Online – www.fssai.gov.in
- Offline – State authority or regional office of FSSAI
Why should you choose Taxolawgy?
- Connects you with quality experts
- Provides you with the best services at affordable prices
- Ensures 100% Transparency; i.e. no hidden costs or additional fees
- Maximizes ease via online services
- Reduces service timeline through minimum paperwork